Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Why I'm qualified to be your State Senator

Why do I know I'm qualified to be your 7th district State Senator? First, I'm a born and raised in Indiana native, so I have deep roots in this state which translates to a love for everything Hoosier. I understand Hoosier values and expectations.

What we have been experiencing since we elected an outsider Mitch Daniels is a loss of Hoosier values and expectations. Mitch came to Indiana and apparently didn't approve of our time zone, our public education, or our place in the industrial rust belt that was home to good paying union jobs. He seemed to want us to be more in line with impoverish states like Mississippi and Alabama, where poor education and low paying jobs are the accepted norm.

My opponent Brandt Hershman must have agreed because along with fellow Republicans have went out of their way to eliminate the middle class in Indiana. (See my  blog  post Brandt Hershman: Politics that hurt). The problem is that Mitch Daniels and his Republican party are being led by the money thrown at them by out of state interest that have no concern about the well being of Indiana citizens..http://alecexposed.org/wiki/ALEC_Exposed

After making several trips to Indianapolis over the A.L.E.C. led Right to Work Law and meeting some of our elected officials I came away with a clear picture that the Statehouse was full of arrogant , self serving Representatives that had no concern over the real problems facing Indiana.
 After talking with several knowledgeable people, I decided that I would run for state wide office  to help bring the concept of a citizen Legislature back to Indiana and rid ourselves of career self serving politicians like Brandt Hershman .

I am a 54 year old life long Indiana native.I have worked in the agriculture field most of my life starting out employed by a farmer building grain bins and working his farm. I also spent 16 years working for Ralston Purina and Cargill. At Cargill, I was elected president of the Federation of Grain Millers local union 702.
I then went to work at A.E. Staleys now called Tate & Lyle where I have been president on the International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 1070 http://teamsters1070.org/ for 15 of the last 17 years . I believe this experience of leading two Unions and successfully  representing workers interests and dealing with 2 multi- billion dollar corporations will help me represent the citizens of the 7th district as their Senator.

My ability to work with the Company and provide a safe profitable working environment for both Company and union members will go a long way in the hostile Indiana Legislature where only the strong survive. Regardless of ideology, both parties have to work together for the  good of all citizens. As with the union and company, sometimes it takes someone to pull sides together to get goals accomplished but also be strong willed enough to not cave into the special interests and money.

My belief is Brandt Hershman is a follower who is not representing Indiana 7th district residents but is following directives from Republican leaders who in turn are representing out of state interests that do not have the best interests of Indiana at heart.  http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=ALEC_Politicians 
This is why I know I'm qualified to be Indiana  7th district State Senator because I will look out for the best interest of the citizens. I am the one and only working class candidate.

Thank You,

ELECT BRAD THOMPSON
FOR 7th DISTRICT STATE SENATE


No comments:

Post a Comment